Monday, March 10, 2014

1950s Swing Coat in Soho



Finally a ray of sunshine peeked through the clouds this weekend. Although snow returned soon after, it was a much needed break from the constant storms we've been having.  Saturday was the most lovely day to take a stroll through Soho. After obtaining the ever so important morning latte and a chocolate croissant, we were ready to hit the cobble stoned streets of lower Manhattan.

While I was home in Colorado 2 weeks ago, my mother gave me her vintage Gucci purse. Its so timeless and classic, and goes so well with everything in my closet. I love that the traditional Gucci print can be vintage or modern. It will definitely be a new staple in my wardrobe this coming Spring.








I recently found this amazing 1950s swing coat at a thrift store. It is lined with faux green fur and has leather detailing down the sides that leads into pockets. It reminds me of a duster coat, but does'nt have the back vent or cape, very unusual and actually very comfortable with the nice weight of the canvas fabric.

The vintage dress I have had for awhile. Its my favorite easy cotton go to dress in the summer. Its been so well loved and worn, Im afraid this may be its last season. I will try to make a new one as soon as I find a similar fabric, but I may be hunting for awhile.






Coat: Vintage 1950s
Dress: Vintage 1940s - 1950s
Handbag: Vintage Gucci
Gloves: Vintage
Shoes: Le Labo
Hair clips: Anthropologie












16 comments:

  1. Just stunning, what an amazing colour coat! It looks super on you, and I love the rest of the styling. As a model, I wonder if you would consider doing a post with some posing tips for us non-models who blog? I think a lot of people would be interested! P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, thank you for the suggestion, I will work on a posing and pictures tip post. xo

      Delete
  2. As always, wonderful, stunning photos! Your outfit is lovely, we simply adore your style.
    Must be wonderful to take a spring-walk in Soho, too! :)
    Elaine Valerie & Isabelle Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Girls, I loved your recent candy post!! Super sweet ;)

      Delete
  3. Super cool pics <3
    Very good outfit
    :)
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/03/misbehave.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coat and such a gorgeous shade of green too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coat is so dramatic in shape and color - emphasized so smartly by the color of the hosiery and the contrasting seams. Brilliant way to exit a room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I just love back seam stockings :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely! i've always loved the lines these coats give, especially when work with gloves and a little handbag. they look complete.
    Wonderful m'dear as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, loved your newest dress! You look great in purple. xo

      Delete
  7. That coat is so amazing - what a found!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look gorgeous! I love that you're wearing gloves. I long for the days when we wore them everywhere! That, and hats. Great work on your hair. It's perfection. I found you through Kittenhood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paulette, I love hats too! can never get enough of them.

      Delete