Monday, February 17, 2014

Vintage Hair Tutorial Video




Im excited to finally post my first video! Ive had a lot of requests for a vintage hair tutorial recently, and decided it would be best put it into a video. Im starting with something simple that will give you good practice to move into more complicated looks such as victory rolls. This is a tutorial for a single pinup style roll that can be done with long, medium or medium short hair.


Thank you for viewing! xo




These are the hairspray products I mentioned in the video. Rock Your Hair was gifted to us for my husband to try out (who is a makeup artist and used to cut hair), but I have to say I am super impressed with how clean it is, and refuse to let it go to him. You can spray this strait onto your hardwood floor and not notice any sticky or slipperiness. I use it when I want a silky looking hold. Its also perfect for setting curls in the rollers since it wont make them sticky. If you need a more sculpt-able sticky hold, go for the super strong Elnett, but it does make fly-aways more noticeable, so comb those down after spraying.

L'Oreal Elnett


I also just wanted to say about making the video, dont give up and keep pushing forward. I was feeling very defeated from the start of this video. Ive had a cold and flu for a few days which you can probably hear in my voice, my husband was working that day so I had to make the video by myself, and it started snowing again which caused the lighting to get really dark. I almost gave up, but I kept trying and solving problems as they arose, taking them one by one. So, dont give up on your hair or what ever project you are working on. Take a break and go at it again!






23 comments:

  1. I just tried to post a comment and blogger had a meltdown! Here we go again...

    Fabulous first video, I really love how this look has that vintage essence but then a modern twist, which is exactly the kind of look I prefer these days rather than pure vintage.

    I can't wait to see more videos from you! Please do a make-up one, I love your make-up in all of your photographs, and in this video your skin looks luminous. P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will try to do a makeup tutorial soon, and will probably combine it with my favorite products giveaway. xo

      Delete
  2. You're just adorable! Great first video!
    I also can't get the roll done by starting at the ends, I need to start rolling at the roots, too! ;)
    <3
    Elaine Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girls, Your hair is always amazing, both color and style! <3

      Delete
  3. Outstanding job, you make it look so easy... You are extremely skilled!
    Tany et La Mode
    Couture et Tricot

    ReplyDelete
  4. your so pretty!

    http://finkmfreeky.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, beautiful sewing and designs on your blog.

      Delete
  5. Love it! Reposted on www.trueloveforstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a great tutorial! and i also love the dress (or is it a blouse?) that you're wearing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Its a dress a few seasons back from Anthropologie

      Delete
  7. Laura, so jealous you look so gorgeous while being sick. ;) I like your video. I just got my hair cut into a short Bob so this won't work for me but I will definately try some other styles. Thanks so much for sharing! :) Lively look on a lovely girl. :)

    Debra@stylewisebydebra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are so sweet! Its been one of those forever winter colds. A bob would look amazing on you, very Louise Brooks, one of my favorite styles.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the video Laura, I have been meaning to do victory rolls for one of my posts, but my photo sessions always end up being rushed and I don't have time. Next time, I'm making time! haha And I gave you a shout out on my most recent blog post- I'm wearing that cute vintage foxy necklace! Stop by!
    -Chelsey
    -http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com/2014/02/bloomers.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for keeping me updated! I loved that post, the jumper is really cute on you! Send me the link when you post your victory rolls! Im sharing your blog post on Paper Mothball Vintage's Facebook page. xo

      Delete
  9. I loved this! I am always fiddling with my hair and trying to work out new up-do's. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your hair would be the perfect length for it! Let me know how it goes.

      Delete
  10. love your hair! awesome post!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, love your style! Im following you too. xo

      Delete