Wednesday, September 18, 2013

ModCloth Design Challenge: Make the Cut


I was thrilled to learn that ModCloth was holding another round of "Make the Cut" design contest. The challenge was to design one piece that is 1960s inspired, made with a geometric bead-like floral print, 100% cotton fabric for the winter season. 


The contest is currently running! And you can vote for me 



Left: Palazzo Pant   Right: Illusion top yoke 

I designed a mini mod collection of 6 looks. The fabric sample swatch does not show a whole yard of fabric, but only one section of the repeating pattern. I knew it would give a slightly purple color from afar. I thought that yellow and orange would be pretty accent colors and very 60s. 



Left: Illusion undershirt, pinned on look of overalls  Right: rounded color block top stitched


When I thought of the women wearing the collection, the Mad Men characters Peggy and Rachel really came to mind. 


Left: One piece pleated skirt and turtleneck top zip-up  Left: Lace trim details, large collar



It was really groovy stepping into the sixties for this challenge, and I would love your support! <3






3 comments:

  1. Great designs! I definitely voted for you on Be the Buyer. Awesome to see who is behind the work though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Likewise, it's nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. I absolute adore your drawings. I know nothing about fashion history or designs but I know pretty when I see pretty. I hope you win. Will vote ahoy!

    ReplyDelete